Thursday, May 3, 2007

5/1

The biggest "aha" moment was at the very beginning of class. There was a discussion of how Blogging can help to bring parents into the classroom a little bit easier. What got me was how easy it was to let parents know what is going on. Within just a few minutes of my time I can enter in some information and link in assignments and parents can keep track very easily of what the kids are learning. Blogs can even allow the parents the ability to ask questions or make comments with me as well.

I don't plan on continuing this blog. However, I fully intend to start a blog along with a website for the band program at my school. I have already gotten in touch with different staff personnel to make sure that I don't break any district policies and to make sure that the school will link the sight. I think I will even ask the Booster Club if they will sponsor it so that we could get even more space for picture files and portrait slide show programs.

Every discussion topic in this course has been beneficial to me. Each time it has given me new ideas. For sure, if I had not taken this course I would not have thought of the many ways in which to approach the music education the way I have now. This course has helped me to understand what materials and resources I need to capture the attention of the student better and the get musical concepts across easier.

No comments: