Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Purpose and Expectations

I have spent seven years in the restaurant industry. I have spent another three years as a banker. Not a single one of these career paths have made me happy. After going through Undergraduate School working towards a BBA in Management, I regret having not pursued a teacher certification instead. My mother was and educator for thirty years before retiring and always pointed me in a different direction. But now I am a teacher. I have finally put my foot in the door that opens to the future I have always desired.

My purpose in this class is to lay the foundation and set me on the path to finally becoming certified as a teacher. I have always desired to obtain a Certification to teach and to pursue a Masters in the education field with the intent to move into the administrative field of education. Of course right now my main focus is the Certification to teach.

I expect to find new avenues of thought and invotion from this course. I hope to apply what I learn to help educate and communicate the values of technology to my students. I was personally surprised when I began teaching technology to my students and found that the entire school was wireless and each student had assigned laptops. How exciting! At the same time how intimidating. I now find it my responsibility to help guide these students into using this technology ethically and to benefit their well being. I expect to learn not just "technical know how" from this course but new theories and inspiration that I may be able to take back to the class room.

No comments: