Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Technology Skills Development

To develope.

1. Microsoft Outlook. I have never encountered this software. Now I am faced with using to facilitate my work. I feel weak and lost. I am terribly used to using Lotus Notes with prior work experiences.

2. General Internet Savy. Now that I educate students with the use of computers, I find us using the internet quite often. But I need a better understanding of just making sure that what I plan on using for class or what a student plans to utilize is valid. Also, how do I get around some of the firewalls that block legitimate searches. For example, I want to look for a celebrity with the name Brandy... however Brandy is also a liquor thus the search is blocked. How do I know when my students have abused their education process on the internet.

3. Photoshop. Has nothing to do with education. Just interested in using it for personal everyday life. Babies need lots of pictures.

4. Blogs. After hearing how the principal utilized Blogs for his school I am intrigued in learning more about this feature and possibly present this to my administrators as an outreach source.

To Share.

1. Lotus Notes. I have utilized this program for 3 years. If anyone is in a position of using this frequently but unsure of its use I could assist.

2. Gaming Knowledge. There is an online world out there with a language of its own. From chat rooms to chat channels within games themselves. Need direction on entertainment from strategy games to MMORPG's? Feel free to ask.

3. Banking Knowledge and Technology use within the banking system.
This isn't a skill to teach but more a lesson to understanding how finances work with todays technology. For instance laws such as Check 21 and its relationship with the FDIC and your local bank or grocery store. Why is it that the evil banker can seemingly get away with certain things like holds? How does technology affect the consumer in todays market when trying to use a bank. It amazed me when I was a banker at how uneducated 90% of our customers were about how technology was changing the way something as simple as a deposit to their account affected them.

No comments: